Friday, September 30, 2011

Design Development |6
Phase Three
Type decisions were made and I decided that a seriff type would be the most  appropriate for the subject. I did various variations and saw that a heirarchy was not well maintained. Further, when I discussed this issue with my guide, he advised me to go for a sans seriff type, where the heirarchy culd be maintained by the vastness of the family and also a sans serif would be a better option than a seriff as the subject is not to formal or copy heavy.
We narrowed down to types in seriff like, Goudy, Baskerville, Times where Baskerville was my first preference and Sans seriff types like Meta, Universe, Helvetica. At the end, Meta was considered to be the most apt type, which was used to design the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment